Beginners Patchwork with Vicki - 19th and 26th May
Patchwork is becoming more and more popular and is a skill that creates fabulous items.
We are very lucky to have Vicki teaching for us who has a wealth of experience in patchwork and quilting and is keen to share her skills and techniques to help you create beautiful patchwork.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND SEW IN THESE CLASSES
Patchwork is made up of a selection of varying techniques all creating different finished results. You will be able to learn these techniques each week being shown how to create a new design (some designs will take 2 weeks) creating your very own lap quilt. In the first class you will learn how to cut out the pieces and sew them together and then in the second week you will learn about sandwiching and quilting.
CLASS TIMES: Wednesday 10am-1pm
COST : £40 for Two Weeks (19th May and 26th May)
LEVEL : Beginners
Beginners patchwork will be sold as a set of two so that you have enough term to learn the basics of patchwork.
WHAT TO BRING:
- We have our own sewing machines in our sewing studio for your use. We provide up to date Janome sewing machines, however if you particularly want to learn on your own machine then you are more than welcome to bring it with you (don’t forget the lead!).
- A basic sewing kit containing – pins, fabric scissors, tape measure, seam ripper.
- Everybody who participates in a sewing class with us receives a 10% discount on any purchases made in Kayes Textiles. The discount applies for the duration of your course with us.
- If you need them then please don’t forget your glasses!!
- For the first lesson you will need a fat quarter bundle or a few different 100% cottons, thread, a rotary cutter (if you have one). For the second lesson you will need a backing fabric and wadding. A 10% discount will be given for any fabrics/haberdashery bought on the days of your class.
- Please make sure you wear a mask to enter the shop and go up to your lessons and moving around upstairs. Once you are at your workstation they can be removed.
- If you have any symptoms please do not attend your class.
- Please feel free to bring along your own refreshments.