Jo is extremely patient so if you haven’t sewn for a while and need a gentle hand to get you back on track then Jo will calmly show you how. Having studied fashion at college, Jo worked as a Pattern Cutter for Jaeger and then for a company making patterns for River Island and Miss Selfridge. She then moved to Southend and set up her own shop called “Bustle” in Rochford, designing and making bridal and occasion wear. In addition to being a wonderful asset to our team, Jo also works from home making to order day wear, prom and wedding dresses and alterations.
Classes are tailored to you, allowing you to make whatever you want and to learn at a pace that suits you.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND SEW IN THESE CLASSES:
- Make clothes from commercial paper patterns
- Learn how to create your own pattern from your favourite garment
- Alter the pattern to get the perfect fit
- Learn more advanced skills and techniques as your sewing skills progress.
- Work with a variety of different fabrics and learn how to handle some of their different properties.
- Use the Overlocker to get the perfect finish
CLASS TIMES :
Saturday Afternoon 1.30pm - 5pm
PLEASE CALL 01702 344955 TO CHECK AVAILABILITY FOR THESE CLASSES
COST : £10 Per Session
LEVEL : Absolute Beginner +
All our classes are now sold individually allowing more flexibility when making your bookings. You do not have to book consecutive weeks and you can book as many or as few as you like, just remember to allow enough sessions to enable you to finish your project. All bookings will be on a first come first served basis.
WHAT TO BRING:
- We have our own sewing machines in our sewing studio for your use. We provide up to date Janome sewing machines, however if you particularly want to learn on your own machine then you are more than welcome to bring it with you (don’t forget the lead!).
- A basic sewing kit containing – pins, fabric scissors, tape measure, seam ripper.
- If you have a project you want to work on then bring this along with you.
- Everybody who participates in a sewing class with us receives a 10% discount on any purchases made in Kayes Textiles. The discount applies for the duration of your course with us.
- If you need them then please don’t forget your glasses!!
- We will give you complimentary tea and coffee, however if you require anything different please feel free to bring along your own drink and snacks.