Recycled Denim Patchwork Bag Workshop
Come along and join Zoe for this four week Workshop to make this beautiful patchwork bag entirely from old jeans and scrap fabrics.
The bag is a shoulder bag assembled from your off cuts of fabric encased in denim blocks creating this amazing patchwork design. The lining can be any fabric you might have lying around, we've used an old shirt for ours!! ( Don't panic if you don't want to cut your old clothes up, you can buy some beautiful linings from us. )
Over the four weeks you will cut out all of your pieces, assemble the patches, sew your bag together and fully line it.
With such a big emphasis on reducing our waste and recycling now, we think this really is the perfect workshop. You'll be using your old clothing to make a reusable bag, win win!
WORKSHOP DATE: Monday 23rd September
Monday 30th September
Monday 7th October
Monday 14th October
TIME : 1.00pm - 3.00pm
COST : £40.00
WHAT TO BRING:
- Basic sewing kit including pins, needles, scissors.
- Old jeans and fabric for lining ( Don't panic if you don't have anything, you can always buy what you need.)
- Everybody who participates in a sewing class with us receives a 10% discount on any purchases made in Kayes Textiles. The discount applies for the duration of your course with us.
- If you need them then please don’t forget your glasses!!
- We will give you complimentary tea and coffee, however if you require anything different please feel free to bring along your own drink and snacks.