In this class you will be able to work on the project of your choice at whatever level of experience you are. If you are an absolute beginner we will show you how to set up and use a sewing machine or overlocker through to making a simple item of your choice using a commercial paper pattern.
If you wish to learn specifically using your own overlocker, setting up, threading etc then please just inform us at the time of booking.
You are welcome to bring any project along that you may want to start with on your first lesson. It could be anything that you feel would be a good starting project, eg bunting, small bags, or maybe simple dressmaking such as a top, plain skirt or PJ Bottoms.
If you are a more confident sewer you will be able to learn more advanced skills and techniques as your sewing skills progress. You will be shown how to work with a variety of different fabrics and learn how to handle some of their different properties. With the expertise and skills of our fabulous teachers anything is achievable.
CLASS TIMES: Tuesday 9.30am - 12.30pm
COST : £20 Per Session
LEVEL : Absolute Beginner +
All our classes are now sold individually allowing more flexibility when making your bookings. You do not have to book consecutive weeks and you can book as many or as few as you like, just remember to allow enough sessions to enable you to finish your project. All bookings will be on a first come first served basis and places are only fully secured once full payment has been made.
WHAT TO BRING:
- We have our own sewing machines in our sewing studio for your use. We provide up to date Janome sewing machines, however if you particularly want to learn on your own machine then you are more than welcome to bring it with you (don’t forget the lead and instruction manual!).
- A basic sewing kit containing – pins, fabric scissors, tape measure, seam ripper.
- Any project which you may have started on and require help with or an idea of what you would like to work on during your classes. We sell everything you need from patterns to fabrics and notions and our teachers and staff are happy to help you with advice so don't panic if you're not sure where to start.
- Everybody who participates in a sewing class with us receives a 10% discount on any purchases made in Kayes Textiles. The discount applies for the duration of your course with us.
- If you need them then please don’t forget your glasses!
- We provide Tea, Coffee or cold drinks however please feel free to bring along your own refreshments if you prefer.
If you have any questions regarding any of our Classes or
Workshops please call us on (01702) 344955
Please read our Booking Terms and Conditions.