In this class you will be able to work on the project of your choice at whatever level of experience you are. If you are an absolute beginner we will show you how to set up and use a sewing machine through to making a simple item of your choice using a commercial paper pattern.
You are welcome to bring any project along that you may want to start with on your first lesson. It could be anything that you feel would be a good starting project, eg Home Interiors such as a cushion cover or bunting or maybe simple dressmaking such as a top or plain skirt.
if you are a more confident sewer you will be able to learn more advanced skills and techniques as your sewing skills progress. You will be shown how to work with a variety of different fabrics and learn how to handle some of their different properties. With the expertise and skills of our fabulous teachers anything is achievable.
CLASS TIMES: Saturday 1:30 - 4:30pm
COST : £20.00 Per Session
LEVEL : All abilities ages 12+
All our classes are now sold individually allowing more flexibility when making your bookings. You do not have to book consecutive weeks and you can book as many or as few as you like, just remember to allow enough sessions to enable you to finish your project. All bookings will be on a first come first served basis.
WHAT TO BRING:
- We have our own fabulous new Janome sewing machines in our sewing studio for your use, however if you particularly want to learn on your own machine then you are more than welcome to bring it with you (don’t forget the lead!).
- A basic sewing kit containing – pins, fabric scissors, tape measure, seam ripper.
- If you have a project you want to work on then bring this along with you.
- Everybody who participates in a sewing class with us receives a 10% discount on any purchases made in Kayes Textiles. The discount applies for the duration of your course with us.
- If you need them then please don’t forget your glasses!
- If you have any symptoms please do not attend your class.